
This is a picture of McKenna and I taken at High School Musical on Ice this past Friday night. It was a blast! I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the performance. It definitely was a memory making experience. I just wanted to post the picture because it makes me happy. We have a ball together, and I love it that I get to enjoy girlhood again because of my daughter.
I've had a couple conversations lately with different friends about intentional parenting. I'm realizing more and more how limited my time is with my kiddos and how my area of influence is slowly shrinking. I can't afford to be lazy or selfish for a minute. Everyday my daughter moves closer towards becoming a woman. A wife. A mother. Am I doing everything I know to do to be preparing her for this? Teaching her to choose well? Everyday my boys move closer to becoming men. Husbands. Fathers. Are we doing everything to teach them to lead well? If I answer these questions with anything other than a yes, I know I have some reprioritising to do.
On a lighter note, McKenna went to her first audition yesterday and was cast as a hula dancing chameleon in the Missoula Children's Theatre performance of The Amazing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe! So if you live in the area and would like to come to the show it's this Saturday, Sept 22nd at Freedom Middle School auditorium at 2pm and 7pm.
2 comments:
Break a leg, McKenna! Hopefully, Mommy will explain I mean you no harm...
Great picture, girls! And wise words from a great mom.
Post a Comment