Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Personal Creed

My daughter had the most amazing weekend of her life in which she not only turned 7 years old she also performed in her first full length performance. I'm anxious to blog about it but I'm still working on organizing my pictures so I'm taking my time.... meanwhile, I'm in a leadership class at church called TNT. Tonight we end this semester having to turn in our own personal credo. I've loved this exercise because it has made me put into words my world view. So here it is. If you've never put your faith into words in some type of mission statement, I recommend it.

I, Kristen Varner, being of sound mind and body, do hereby declare
my allegiance to and belief in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of God, part of the divine
Trinity comprised of Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He was born
for the purpose of the redemption of the sins of mankind who broke
their covenant with God. Out of His vast love and mercy and desire
for relationship with His creation, God provided this means to reestablish
relationship with mankind. I believe that this same Jesus lived a

sinless life, was crucified, buried, and rose from the dead
after three days thus fulfilling scripture’s promise of God’s rescue
of mankind. As a result of Christ’s sacrifice we are freely offered
eternal life and a relationship as sons and daughters of God
through faith in Jesus Christ and through Him alone.

I believe the Bible is the holy inspired Word of God. It is a letter of love
provided to mankind as a means to understand and follow the ways
of the Father as well as laying out the plan for God’s rescue of mankind.

I believe we were created for the purpose of having an intimate
personal relationship with God and that out of the overflow
of that relationship we reflect the glory of God. We are called to love
and serve our neighbors both within the institution of the
Church as well as through local community.

I believe that all disciples of Christ are called to share God’s
message of love and salvation in their local community and
abroad through development of relationships as well as supporting
global missions both monetarily and through short term service.

I believe that all followers of Christ are called to assemble with
other believers for the purposes of worship, accountability, and fellowship.
Each child of God is endowed with spiritual gifts for the purpose of serving
and contributing to the body of Christ.

I believe each child of God is called to grow in knowledge and depth
of relationship with their loving Creator, and that He reveals
Himself not only through the examples shown in His holy Word
but also through His creation, other believers, personal experience,
circumstances, and conversational prayer.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Kristen -

I was reading Brandon's blog and ran across the link to yours. I want to let you know how inspired I was by your personal creed. I just wanted to thank you for sharing that - hope all is well.

Michelle Diamond