Wednesday, October 22, 2008


Yesterday was one of those days where I heard more stories of death, loss, and disappointment than I possibly have ever heard on any given day. Times like these send me running to God. Usually in the form of prayer and praise and worship. I was listening to my worship choir rehearsal CD and the following song, which already is profound to begin with, touched me in such a deep way that I wanted you to read the lyrics and internalize them with me.

When I Don’t Know What To Do

Tommy Walker WeMobile Music ©2005 CCLI #4556332

Lord I surrender all to
Your strong and faithful hand
In everything I will give thanks to You
I’ll just trust Your perfect plan

Chorus:
When I don’t know what to do
I’ll lift my hands
When I don’t know what to say
I’ll speak Your praise
When I don’t know where to go
I’ll run to Your throne
When I don’t know what to think
I’ll stand on Your truth
When I don’t know what to do

Lord I surrender all
Though I’ll never understand
All the mysteries around me
I’ll just trust your perfect plan

Bridge:
As I bow my knee
Send Your perfect peace
Send Your perfect peace, Lord
As I lift my hands
Let Your healing come
Let Your healing come to me

No matter what our circumstances, we have choices. We can choose to panic, resent, despair, and worry.. or we can choose to trust, follow, and praise. The latter will always make us stronger. It's always God's plan to make us better\stronger through our circumstances. We just have to choose to let Him.

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

Thanks for the reminder. I'm so glad this week is over!