Tuesday, November 20, 2007

This and that....

Here's a few things that have happened over the last couple weeks.

Last night as I put Caleb to bed he asked if he could lay his head on me so he could listen to my heart "beeping".

In an episode of Curious George, a dog, Hundley, needed some flea powder because it was the beginning of flea season and he was getting itchy. Last night McKenna was scratching and asked me if I knew when flea season was and if I could check her for fleas. Bless her heart. We've never had a pet and she had no idea that people didn't get fleas.

In the continuing saga of Caden, in the past two weeks our wild man has: peed in a waste basket (and lied about it), eaten a half bag of candy corn (and lied about it), colored on our spindles (and lied about it), sneaked a box of gum (that SANTA gave him for being good!) and ate all 30 pieces in under 5 minutes. This one he couldn't lie about because he was caught red handed. Bless this child's heart. He has been stripped of any and all privileges and toys, has had TV taken away, had to throw away all his Halloween candy, and is becoming good friends with a certain wooden spoon and he STILL doesn't get it! All I can say is if we survive this, he is going to be one very determined and strong man.

I had an unusually hard couple days last week and Mark gave me the huge gift of a prayer retreat day on Saturday. It was amazing to say the least. I was able to spend some wonderful quality time with God and spent time "sitting in His lap" just listening to how He felt about me.

We have come so far in our relationship over the years. God has really shown me glimpses of His heart. What peace comes from truly embracing the fact that the Lover of my soul pursues me relentlessly no matter what. It's not contingent on me. Nothing I can do will ever change His love for me. What value! What worth! If we all could live like we believed that every day, I wonder how it would change our lives.

We leave for Sparta tonight to celebrate Thanksgiving with the fam and then the Big girls are going to Gatlinburg for a mini-getaway. I'm really looking forward to it! I'm also looking forward to setting up our tree and having Christmas music constantly playing around the house. It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

Lying is one of the hardest things to deal with as a parent of little ones. Bailey has struggled with this since she could talk. But it's also something that requires total consistency. I feel your pain, friend. I promise, you will get through this season (and he will too!)