My husband showed me a blog post that spoke so loud and clear to me, I had to share. Tim Stevens has done all the work so if you want specific details please read his blog. In a nut shell, when it comes to charitable contributions, prior to his running for president, Senator Obama's charitable giving was only 0.9%. Of course it's increased to 6% as of 2006. Senator McCain's charitable giving was 19% in 2006 and 25% in 2007. In addition, he has always donated all of the royalties of his book to charity. This stark contrast speaks volumes to me.
For my friends who are on the fence of who to vote for I ask two things of you: 1. Please take the time to look at voting records. Do not be swayed by illusions. 2. Ask yourself if the virtues of generosity and caring for the poor and those in need should be considered in the candidate we elect to be our next president. Actions speak louder than words.
To whom much is given, much is required. And Jesus only asked for 10%.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey! I found your blog through Brian Williams...he's a leader in the youth group with us! I'm attempting at homeschooling my kids and I really find your blog encouraging!!! My kids are only preschool age right now...but we still have fun. Thanks for being such a bright shining star for the Lord!!!
Post a Comment