Thank you to Jeremy Pittman for capturing this video for us.
">
On Sunday, we were privileged to watch our daughter make her public profession of faith in Christ through baptism in the creek at Deer Run. It was a special day. I mean, how often do you get the chance to celebrate such a sacred event by swimming around with dozens of friends afterward? What made this already amazing event even more sweet was that she was baptized by the two most influential men in her life: her daddy and her Uncle Jay.
Watching her watch her daddy, seeing the love and trust in her eyes as he took her under the water was such a beautiful picture of the kind of relationship God longs to have with us. It was an opportunity to reflect: Do I seek His face longing to hear His voice speak to me tenderly? Do I trust Him enough to relinquish control of where I am going? Do I relax in His arms as He takes me places I may not want to go? Do I truly believe His heart for me is good as I venture into the unknown?
As much as she loves her daddy, it will be a few years before McKenna really realizes how blessed she is to have a relationship with her father that reflects the relationship she is growing with her Father. Dads are so crutial in the lives of their daughters. More so than moms, in my opinion. Girls desperately want to know they are beautiful, that they are desired, that they matter. Don't we grown up girls want to know the same thing? The only one who can validate us, who can answer our heart's question is our Father. May we teach and learn to take our questions to Him.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
God bless you all. amen
Post a Comment