Thursday, April 26, 2007



I can't believe my baby girl is 6 now. I feel like singing Fiddler on the Roof right now... "Sunrise, Sunset..." Everyone sing with me ... No seriously, my kids getting older is never easy for me, but this one hurt. Six seems so much older than 5. She's closer to 10 than she is 1. There's no baby nothin' left anymore. This is the first year I told her about the details of the day she was born. She listened intently like hearing Cinderella for the first time. Every night since, she's asked me to detail what she did when she was 1 day old and 2 days old ect.. Anyway, the cool thing about all this is that my kid, at 6 yrs old, understands who she is in Christ and how God has gifted her better than I did when I was 20. The fact that she can express herself through dance before the Lord (and anyone else who's willing to watch) blows me away. She has such a heart for God, and she hasn't even made a profession of faith yet. Of course, I have to admit my partiality. I can't believe, and I know you feel the same way about your kiddos, that God blessed me with so rich a treasure. What a priviledge. What a responsiblity. And it's a third over. So sneak into your baby's rooms tonight. Brush the hair from their little forehead. And as you kiss that cherub cheek, breath a prayer for it to last a little longer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right. She's a precious gift and it's going to be such a joy to watch all the kiddos grow up in our families and in the Lord. Happy Birthday, sweet McKenna! By the way, I'm hearing Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance". Not so much of Fiddler. :-)

leigh ann said...

McKenna's dance was breath-taking and inspirational. Oh, to be so uninhibited in worship!

Congratulations on your first six years of motherhood. You've done an incredible job. I'm not thinking it's going to be over in 12 more, though!