
We have officially made it through Kindergarten, and our first year of homeschooling! I have to confess it ended up being a complete success. Most of you know how skeptical I was going into this and how I wrestled for months over whether or not it was the right decision for our family. I took it a semester at a time, and when the end of the year finally arrived we were sad it was over. But hey, the beauty of homeschooling is that you can do it all year long! We are looking forward to trying it again for 1st grade. I still feel it's important for McKenna to attend traditional school eventually, but for now, we're having fun and we're BOTH learning a lot. The picture is of one of our last projects. McKenna wrote a letter to President Bush thanking him for being our president and telling him what freedom she was most grateful for: the freedom to worship God the way she wants. By the way, if you didn't know this already, the White House will send a reply to your kids from the president if you include a return address. I think it will be cool, in years to come, to have had a letter in her scrapbook from GW.