Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Night out at the Sounds

We took the boys to their first baseball game last night. Mark had always hoped that the boys first game would be seeing his beloved Phillies, but we took them to see the Nashville Sounds instead. Hey, at least it's AAA. Anyway, the usher in our section was very kind, and he gave the boys a practice ball that had been hit into to stands. He also showed us a mama cat and her 3 kittens who made their home underneath the bleachers. They came out to say hello around the 7th inning. But the highlight for Caleb was meeting Ozzie the Cougar.You can see Caden is absent from the photo. That's because he is afraid of just about everything right now. Ozzie followed the kids back to our seats and attempted to break the ice with Caden by offering his paw for 5.Caden's reaction was to freeze and stare at Ozzie like he had bugs coming out of his ears. I guess Disney is out for a while. But Caden did have a great time running the bases after the game.He did not want to come off the field but they only let you run the bases once. All in all, we had a blast. I really hope they can work things out with the city so they can stay in Nashville.

1 comment:

leigh ann said...

I don't blame you one bit, Caden. I have exactly the same reaction to those things!