Monday, July 21, 2008


This cracked me up so much I had to share. Caleb has always been our neat and organized child and is particular about things being "just so", but when McKenna and I were vacuuming he literally begged me to let him do it. So, I showed my 5 year old how to vacuum. Straight lines and all.

I thought he would last for about half a room... He did the whole downstairs and asked if he could vacuum upstairs as well. I couldn't believe it. So we started upstairs. He was doing so well, I kind of just left him to it. A few minutes later he came and got me saying, " I need your help. How do I get under there? It's dirty" He was pointing to underneath his bed and referring to the family of dust bunnies that had taken up residence there. (Apparently, mommy doesn't vacuum under beds very often) So I showed him the hose attachment. He literally clapped and said, "Yeah!" Wow. So I guess my 5 year old has a new chore. One that he actually loves and does pretty well. Hopefully his future wife will appreciate his skills.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

Just teach him to cook and he'll have women crawling all over him!! Well, maybe you don't want to teach him then...

Anonymous said...

Do you rent Caleb out?!